Start by explaining the rules of the game to your child:
"Let’s play a new game! You wear diapers, and I wear underwear. Right now you go potty in your diaper and then I change you. Now it’s time for you to learn the potty, just like I do! I have placed a few things around your playroom to help you go to the potty like a Big Kid like your own special training pants called Pull-Ups. Let’s see if you can find all of the things that have to do with going to the potty that I’ve hidden in the playroom! Let’s look together. When you find something that has to do with going to the potty, put it in this box. We can talk about them afterward.”
- Items to include in your Scavenger Hunt:
- Pull-Ups® Learning Designs® Training Pants or Cool & Learn® Training Pants
- Pull-Ups® Night*Time
- Pull-Ups® Big Kid* Flushable Wipes
- Potty Chair
- A tablet or phone with the Time to Potty app open
- Once your child has played a few times, allow her to keep these items close by in a special place where they are easily accessible. Also allow her to choose the Pull-Ups she wants to wear each time she needs to change.
- Extra adaptation: Some children need pictures to go with your words. Take a picture of each of the items on the scavenger hunt and then show him the pictures one at a time.