Shop with your child for new undies, letting him select various colors and styles that appeal to him. If he’s in the mood, have him test out the new undies with a bedroom fashion show.
Place a small, lined hamper in the bathroom for wet underpants. Your Squirrel may swoop in and out of the bathroom to do his business before you even know it, so you want to have everything set up for dash-and-go use.
Try these Potty Talk scripts with your Squirrel:
- “Here are some Pull-Ups® Big Kid* Flushable Wipes. These can help you make sure you’re clean when you go to the bathroom on your own.”
- "If you tell me when you think you have to go potty and we make it to the potty together in time, you'll get two stickers."
- "Good job going potty! Let's wash our hands together for an extra special sticker."
- “Each time you take a break, you get to play a fun game, like coloring, making music or playing with your Disney buddies. Ready to try? Let’s set the timer.”
- “When you are wearing underwear and you don’t make it to the bathroom in time, your pants will become wet and pee may run down your legs. That’s OK. If that happens, just tell me and we’ll put your wet underpants into the laundry bin and get a new pair out of the basket.”
- How to Get Started Potty Training Your Squirrel >
- Introducing Pull-Ups® Training Pants to Your Squirrel >
- Helping Your Squirrel Know When to Go to the Bathroom >
- Transitioning Your Squirrel to Big Kid Underwear >
- Potty Training Your Squirrel Away from Home >
- Nighttime Potty Training with Your Squirrel >
- Potty Training Games to Play With Squirrel >