As you enter the potty training phase, you will start to be able to leave your diaper bag home — whoo hoo! Freedom! Oh, wait. You’ll still need a few supplies so that you can handle any messy situation. Here’s what to bring:
- Extra Pull-Ups® and underpants
- A spare pair of pants and socks (yep, trust us on that one)
- A travel pack of  Big Kid* Flushable Wipes
- Zip-top plastic bag, in a gallon size, that you can use for wet clothing and then reseal
- Any “must-have” potty props, such as a special book or stickers
- A paper, disposable diaper-changing pad if your child is still young enough to be lifted onto a baby changing station in a public restroom.
TIP: Stash a “potty training pouch” — a zip-top plastic bag with a spare pair of soft pants like leggings or shorts and extra Pull-Ups — one in the car, your purse, Dad’s backpack, at your mother-in-law’s house, wherever. It can be a lifesaver.