Toddlers with high energy are always on the go, so they couldn’t care less about stopping to use the potty. The can’t-stop, won’t-stop energy of this personality makes potty time a real adventure. They’re not likely to stop playing long enough to use the potty. This personality doesn’t seem to be bothered by a full load in their pants, because they’re too busy to notice.
Tips for training your High-Energy Child
- Skip the Finer Details: Your on-the-move toddler doesn’t have the patience to sit and listen to all the details of the potty process, so don’t bore them with instruction.
- Game On: Get them started on games and combine with real potty experiences.
- Quicken the Process with Pull-Ups® training pants: Let your busy toddler know that consistently using Pull-Ups® is faster than using diapers – which means playtime starts even sooner!
- All of the Feelings: Make sure your high-energy child is aware of their own body. Ask them what they feel when they need to go potty. Just remember that toddlers sometimes have a hard time putting their feelings and sensations into words, so you can also share what it feels like when you need to go.
- Don’t Stop Moving: Keep them moving when possible. Children with high energy need tons of exercise and play time to they can later settle down to their potty business.