Cautious children seem to notice everything around them; they make excellent sleuths, picking up on every little nuance. Your little darling prefers to be clean and tells you when their diaper is full. They have strong preferences and like to be in control, to the point of seeming “bossy” from time to time. Your child is persistent and ready for potty training progress, and likely to be fascinated by the potty supplies and processes.
Tips for potty training your Cautious Child
- Explore the Unknown: Take your child into the bathroom with you, and allow them to explore while you go.
- Give Them a Tour: Give your careful child the step-by-step walkthrough of how you use the toilet yourself. Explain each piece of equipment, how it works, and what it feels like when you go.
- Talk About It: Have a conversation later and ask them to explain what they learned – maybe even teach someone else!
- The Value of Success: Cautious children expect a lot from themselves. Help them be flexible and appreciate their successes.
- Pull-Ups® Help Them Learn: Careful children love to learn and consistency boosts learning. Let your cautious child know that consistently wearing Pull-Ups® allows them to be the Big Kid™ they are striving to be!